Keep in touch with your customers and build loyalty
Newsletters can be a great way of building long-term customer relationships. But, as with most things, there are both right and wrong ways of doing it. It’s important not to abuse the relationship you are building.
Your customers don’t want to:
- Be bombarded with information that doesn’t interest them
- Be constantly given the ‘hard sell’
- Get frequent emails that don’t interest them
- Get interesting emails without clear calls to action or next steps
Your customers do want to:
- Be engaged by information and insight that’s relevant and interesting to them
- Hear about special offers that are too good to miss
- Know where they can find out more about some information or offer that has tempted them
Is a newsletter right for your business?
It’s important to be clear about why you want a newsletter and what value it should add to your business. There are some risks and drawbacks involved, so it’s vital to consider these carefully and be sure it’s an approach that will work for you.
Here are some of the things to think about when considering whether you should start (or continue) a newsletter:
Benefits of newsletters
- It’s a quick and relatively cheap form of marketing
- You can quickly and easily reach a large audience
- A well-put together newsletter can build customer loyalty
- It has the potential for quick results, especially if you include clear calls to action and links to next steps
Drawbacks of newsletters
- They can involve a lot of work to produce on a regular basis
- A newsletter has to be high-quality, interesting and readable, otherwise it could actively put potential customers off
- Some people’s email settings may classify a newsletter as spam and send the email straight to their ‘junk’ folder – Unfortunately there is little you can do about this
At Greaves Design, we can talk you through the best ways of producing newsletters.
They aren’t right for every type of business. We can advise if we feel it is right to invest time and money into something and how to go about it.
Why Choose Us?
We have a track record of building hundreds of websites
Our customer services is second to none.
We are available at any time if you wish to know something.
The website is only the beginning – use our website for resources and more helpful information.
Move your business into a more better future.
What Clients Say
Customer in Portsmouth
“Great website, lots of useful suggestions. Very helpful. At the end of day got a excellent end results website. More than pleased. Will recommend.”